Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Querys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotek02

Technical User
Apr 30, 2002
US
I need to set up a query asking for a specific Dept Number, such as a Number 3. that's easy enough I just put in [Enter Dept #]. but we also want it so if you just hit enter and not type a number you get all the Depts. I've tried using the Like command but the Problem is that when you type 1 you get 1, 10, 11 etc. any Ideas

Thanks.

Lotek02

In the query, under the dept number field criteria you have [enter dept #] ...... Below "criteria" is "or" .... put "is null" in that box.

This should do what you want it to.

Fred

Nope Tried to put in "is Null" and still get nothing when I hit enter. I even tried "is Not Null" and that didn't work

Thanks though. I'm still trying other things and hoping someone will have the Fix.

Sorry to hear that - This works for me, however, I have a form to enter the criteria. and in the criteria for the field I refer to the form [forms]![yourformname]![yourfieldname]...... and in the or I have "is null"

Perhaps if you use an unbound form to enter the criteria this would work for you.

??

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back