Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access querys? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevecclifford

Technical User
Nov 14, 2002
GB
HI all!!

Im new to access, but reading alot of books!!

I am trying to do a simple report, I work in a high school and have students name and thier target grade but not all the students do all the subjects so have no grade in the subject.
Would it be possible to make a report up and have the name of the students and only have listed the subjects with a grade???

please help!!

THANKS

steve

stevecclifford@yahoo.co.uk

If you give me the structure of your tables, I can write your query. -- Just trying to help... LOL [ponder]

Just post the basic table structure here. that way, anyone can answer your question. As soon as you post, I'll see the new thread and take a look at it -- Just trying to help... LOL [ponder]

Here the cut down version of the excel sheet:

Surname Forename En En Lit Maths

DOE JOHN D/E D/E
Smith Simon C/D C
ANDREWS Michael C C B
ANGUS Angus C C D
APTED Steve C C C
AUSTIN mick E/F D
BALL Sara E E
BARKER Ken E/F E
BARKER JO D/E E

Hope you can help!

Is the data on an excel sheet or an access database? I can work with either. Also, is this what the data looks like now, or is this the output you are trying to achieve? How should I interpret "D/E" or "C/D"? What I need is an idea of what the data looks like currently (either in a table or a spreadsheet) and what you want the output to look like....

Lastly.... Doesn't anyone get "A"s anymore?? [wink] -- Just trying to help...
[wolf]<--- This is a wolf? We need a new icon.......
mikewolf@tst-us.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back