Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access queries failed after upgrade: The chunk offset is too big

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidPC3232

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2012
US

Sage upgrade issues:
Sage/Platinum v5.9
Pervasive: 10.30.017
Windows XP SP3 - Client
MS access 2000/2010
MS Server 2003 SP2

Since upgrading from SAGE v5.6 to v5.9 the queries with Access no longer work. I get an “ODBC –update on a linked table “APBBPAGECO failed…The chunk offset is too big(Betrieve Error 103) (#-4896)” when I run a query.

-ODBC connections/drivers all test properly, tried setting the DSN open mode to: “Exclusive” and “Accelerated” with no luck.
-PFWKTC and PFWPAGECO are the main OBDC drivers.

The DDFs and the data files don't match. Usually the Error 103 is caused when the data file defines a variable length field but the DDFs don't define a variable length field or try to define a fixed length structure to the variable length portion.

You need to contact Sage / Platinum to get DDFs that match the data files.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Sage was no help they gave me documentation (about 500 pages) about the upgrade however none of the tables changed between upgrades. I noticed that despite full access to the db that the tables behind the queries are "not update-able". Any more ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back