Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Project with local MDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

CylonLove4Life

Technical User
Feb 15, 2005
ES
Is there anyway I can convert my MDB to an Access Project, but still reference some tables stored locally, in MDB's?

Also, what is the command to convert an MDB into an Access Project?

Access Project works natively ONLY with SQL Server, not with Access (Jet) databases.

You can work with other databases via ADO connections, recordsets and commands. But not the way you're accustomed with in Access Mdbs.

HTH

[pipe]
Daniel Vlas
Systems Consultant

Thanks.

Do you mean that I can issue SQL Queries using ADO - even to a local MDB - just that I can't use bound controls and the like?

(My objective is to speed up a legacy Access database. The Access database is now being used as a front end to SQL Server, but keeps some temporary data in local MDB. I thought that converting it to an ADP might speed things up, as the connections to SQL Server currently are not persistent.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back