Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Project connection errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsitz

Programmer
Dec 14, 2000
US
I have an Access .adp that's getting intermittent errors when getting data from SQL Server. The initial error will be:

[DBNMPNTW] ConnectionWrite(WriteFile()).object failed

followed by a:

"The operation on the Connection falure object failed."

I have yet to figure out any rhyme or reason to why this would appear. I can have this user switch to an administrative password (the SQL Server db is using WinNT security) and the errors will stop. But it doesn't seem tied to permissions, since the same action that brings up the error can usually be completed after restarting the app and trying again, even without switching logins.

It's possible that it may be triggered initially by user-inactivity, say 15 minutes of doing nothing, but this is definitely not always the case.

I haven't been able to dig up much on this error in my search so far, other than that a connection is getting dropped for some reason.

Has anybody seen this before? Know the cause and/or the fix?

Thanks,

Herb Sitz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back