Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access pop-up dialog while closing a form...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SrkrReds

Programmer
Dec 17, 2001
US
Hello..
We have an Access97 app ,with a front end and back end database. When users close one of the form to return to another, a pop up is displayed with the following message:"Form Name has been changed since the last time you opened it, either by another user or because another instance of it was opened on your own machine. Do you want to replace the changes that u or another user made"
*To save your most recent changes and discard the other user's changes, or your previous changes click Yes
*To save this version of the object with another name, click No
with a Yes, No option.
Selecting Yes would close the form, Selecting No prompts user for a name to save the object(form).

Did anyone experience this problem? It is a nuisance for users? What can I do in the form to stop this from happening?? This form has quite a few controls on it.

THanx in advance.

I have only rarely had this happen, and it was because I unintentionally had two copies of the database open and tried to edit the form in both of them. I doubt that it's a bug.

It's probably the case that somehow your form's design is changing at run time, or that you're opening the form in Design View and making changes while other users have it open. Can you identify where the design changes are occurring?

If you're not editing in the production front end while the users are using it, then it could be that you have hidden copies of the form that aren't getting closed. Are you using non-default instances of the form (object variables of type Form or Form_<formname>) in your application?
Rick Sprague

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back