Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access point recommendations 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

52rich

Vendor
Aug 14, 2011
US
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for my question but here goes.
I'm looking for the best access point brand, or model number that will broadcast the strongest signal a fairly good distance.
The layout is that I have a group of summer homes that are located in a VERY rural location and they are all lake side with a total distance from end to end about 1,500 feet from the first to the last house. They currently have internet service at the main lodge via direct TV [ Verizon ] no cable in the area for many miles...The goal is to possibly get some kind of outdoor access point that would provide coverage to most of the homes. There is a fair amount of trees between houses but the main lodge has a clear shot [ elevated above all of the homes ]and a good line of site to most houses.I would like to place a access point at the peak of the main lodge roof outside so it would have to be weather proof
Anyone out there that can recommend a solution..
Thanks

Look at Ruckus Wireless. They have a variety of different access points that may work. They also have a built in Mesh capability that it sounds like will be required to get this to work.

If you put a 7762 (I think) at the main lodge, you should be able to use that as the main point to mesh with the houses that you can see with one of their other, or the same model, of AP.

I believe that the 7762 is an outdoor model, and that there is also a version with a sectional signal spread.

Take a look at some of the whitesheets and see if that might be a possibility.

rt12

rt12....Thanks for the reply..I will investigate your recommdations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back