Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Point 1000 Software??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brat2

IS-IT--Management
May 6, 2004
Hi, all

I have received one Access Point 1000 unit as a gift for our non-profit association. It is quite old and it have 2.4.0.R3 software installed. Does any one have newer (latest?) software? There is v2.5x release on Lucent web, but we don't have permission to access these files. We don't need VPN or other advanced feautures. I want to see the diffecence beetwen Cisco, Lucent, and Nortel routing equipment but without latest software it will be hard to check all possible configurations.

Thanks in advance,
BRAT

Hi Brat,

sorry - I also got the v2.4.0 release. But it´s not really necessary to use newer releases. Only if you are
implementing big bgp cases. See problem reports inside
this forum.

If anyone can supply new os releases for the AP 1000 and
AP 450 (is it really the same?), I´m also interested in normal and QVPN versions greater v2.4.x.

Thanks a lot

Hi, ajagdman

We are non-profit ISP supporting association. it is hard to explan it in english for me. English is not my native language. Anyway we wanted to test BGPv4 routing on this machine, so far we don't need VPN, encryption, compression just standard release, but as I can see now latest one.

If anyone have one please let me know,
thanks in advance

Brat
PS. We also received AP300 as a donation, also with old software - does anyone have latest release of boot and system firmware for it?

I would also like the newest software for the AP450. 2.5R6 is the latest I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back