Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Plan Not Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibrahims

MIS
Nov 30, 2003
JO
We're Using Iseries Server ( OS400 ) as our Database Server; we're experincing a Problem Now adays, when viewing the Work woth active Job ( WRKACTJOB ), one of the Jobs has a High CPU Percentage Usage, and when viewing the corresponded Log; the Following Msg appeared " Access Plan Not Updated"

Regards;

Found this:

DB2 UDB for iSeries Database Performance and Query Optimization V5R1

SQL7917 - Access plan not updated
The database manager rebuilt the access plan for this statement, but the program could not be updated with the new access plan. Another job is currently running the program that has a shared lock on the access plan of the program.

The program cannot be updated with the new access plan until the job can obtain an exclusive lock on the access plan of the program. The exclusive lock cannot be obtained until the shared lock is released.

The statement will still run and the new access plan will be used; however, the access plan will continue to be rebuilt when the statement is run until the program is updated.

HTH

Mike Butler
Iseries + Sun + PC = Tired Guy
"Never put off 'til tomorrow what you should have done yesterday

Thanks alot for your reply... But how can Solve this Issue,,, They state nothing on the Attached Link,, Do U've any Idea about that?
In Other words, How can I give guarantee an Exclusive Lock on a certain Job?

Your Prompt Reply Highly Appreciated
Regards;
Ibrahim

I think I would try using ALCOBJ to get a lock on the file(s) and based on the results, continue or loop back & delay until the file(s) become available.

hth

Mike Butler
Iseries + Sun + PC = Tired Guy
"Never put off 'til tomorrow what you should have done yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back