Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Password Backdoor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buggs13

MIS
Dec 30, 1999
US
I have an Access database that was created by another programmer.&nbsp;&nbsp;He has the database password protected ( and maybe encrypted).&nbsp;&nbsp;I need to get to the data, and the programmer no longer works here.<br><br>Any Ideas on how I can get the database open???

Try holding down the shift key when you click on the file name and keep it down until the database opens.&nbsp;&nbsp;This usually overrides passwords and securities and opens the database.

WebGodiva<br><br>Thanks, but I've tried that and a variety of other combinations since that did not work.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Any other ideas??

Have you tried creating a new database and importing the information from the old? <p>John Vogel<br><a href=mailto:johnvogel@computerwiz.net>johnvogel@computerwiz.net</a><br><a href= Home Page</a><br>Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life:<br>
Without the Way there is no going;<br>
Without the Truth there is no knowing;<br>
Without the Life there is no living. —Anon.

Yes, I have tried to import the data into Access and a variety of other programs including Crystal Reports.&nbsp;&nbsp;The &quot;Enter Database Password&quot; screen is the only response I get.

Go to ASK JEEVES UK, type in 'Password Recovery' and you will be surrounded by addresses for recovery tools that will do the job, such as 'Access Data'.&nbsp;&nbsp;You may have to pay for programs but sure will be worth it.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Couldnt help me out with the 'Right Truncating'&nbsp;&nbsp;problem identified in Robert1 could you ?

Further my previous answer - was trawling thru to look for answers on my truncating problem and apparently&nbsp;&nbsp;password problems are well covered in FAQ's.&nbsp;&nbsp;Just enter 'Password' in the search window there.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Regards

Robert1<br><br>Thanks for the info.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'll check it out as well as your truncating issue.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back