Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access packaging problem - Error 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

superspeed

Programmer
May 2, 2001
US
I am trying to package a large Access program. I keep getting Error 5: Invalid Procedure Call or Argument.

I understand what the problem is but I haven't a clue where to find the statement or procedure that causes it.

Can anyone help?

TIA,

Jan

Have you compiled your programs before packaging? If not, in the VBE editor go to Debug -> compile.

Mas5:

I did compile it. I even made an MDE file. That made no difference.

I suspect that the error message is an indication of a bug in the packaging program.

For today, I am going to work around it by loading the Runtime routines using a disk I already made and then copying my Access programs directly.

Thanks,

Jan

You may have to re-install Office...I had problems when I first started making packages and re-installed Office. It works fine now.

Clint Galliano
Halliburton Energy Services
BAROID PSL
"Done ONCE, Done RIGHT!"

Clint:

You reminded me of something: this occured after I isntalledthe new Office XP Service Pack (I think it was service pack 2).

Jan

The problem turned out to be a compressed drive. You must have the programs to be packaged on a non-compressed drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back