Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Package and Deployment Wizard question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thornmastr

Programmer
Feb 2, 2002
US
Good Afternoon,

I need to distribute an application which includes the run time files for Access 2002. I do have the Office XP Developer CD’s. The application itself is written in VB 6 with an Access back-end. I have created a number of reports in Access and I am starting them from the Basic Front End. However, I have a number of users who do not have a copy of Access which means they will obviously need the run time files.

From what I understand the way to get the runtime files is to use the package and deployment wizard available as an Access add-in. OK. Great. And where is that little sucker? I do have the Package and Deployment Wizard for Visual Basic but that has no intent of taking an mdb or mde database as the primary file. In fact, it refuses to work with anything but a VB project file; so obviously I need the one from Access. Do I have to reload the Access files from the Developer CD’s (Access install part) or from the Office Developer’s CD; or, better yet; Is there somewhere on one of those CD’s a folder having all the Access runtime files.

Any suggestions, hints, advice is more than welcome and much appreciated.

Robert Berman
Data Base consultant
Vulcan Software Services
thornmastr@earthlink.net

On my box I follow these steps:
Startup menu
All programs ->
Microsoft Office ->
Microsoft Office Access 2003 Developper Extensions->
Package Wizard

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Thank you for the quick reply. What it is really telling me it is time to reinstall both XP Developer and Office 2002 because, under the “all programs/” category I have Microsoft Office 97 (which I still use for a number of clients), Microsoft Office XP Developer, and Microsoft Office Tools. None of which contain the program(s) you mention.

I knew this wasn’t going to be easy.

Robert Berman
Data Base consultant
Vulcan Software Services
thornmastr@earthlink.net

I have used the package and deployment wizard to create my installation package, but I need it to run as a silent install. I have tried using setup.exe -s app.log and it appears to go through the install, but once the install is complete the application is nowhere to be found on the destination machine. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back