Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access OpenReport error 2585

Status
Not open for further replies.

knifey

Technical User
Nov 14, 2006
GB
Hi,
I've created a VBA driven filter form attached to my staff report which works perfectly. My problem is now I'm trying to add an export to snapshot button to the filter form.
The code bombs when trying to export the report with 'error 2585 - This action can't be carried out while processing a form or report event'.
I've searched the net for this error and all the info points to the open or activate event of my report running while it's trying to export (the open event of my report has the code to open my filter form).
Is there any command in Access that can temporarily turn off report events (like application.enableevent = false in Excel VBA)?
I'm a complete beginner at databases in general but do have some Excel VBA knowledge. Any advice or a nudge in the right direction would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Knifey

how about adding the button to the reports menu after the report has opened? I have a db where after the report has opened the user can send the report as an attachment from the reports menu bar. this functionality is available from accesses tool bar menu

HTH << MaZeWorX >> "I have not failed I have only found ten thousand ways that don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back