Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access on the internet / an intranet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashie

Programmer
May 11, 2000
GB
I want to access an Access database via the web. Are there any people out there with experience of doing this?
I am intending to use ASP (/VB Script) to access the database and use something like Dream Weaver to do the basic pages. I am not a networky sort of person and have heard horror stories regarding Internet Information Server. I have designed a test system using Personal Web Server (seems to work fine).
The platform I will be working with is Windows 95.
I’d like to know if there are any serious pitfalls I should be aware of or any useful reference material for guiding me through the whole process.

Thanks. >:):O>
[sig][/sig]

Active Server Pages Unleashed covers most of this stuff very well. You'll need an IIS setup to mount the database instance, but once you have one asp page linked to it successfully, you can copy the connection code to each page OR you can create an include file that is called from each page which contains the connection information, such as avovbs.inc...see 4GuysFromRolla.com or write me for more info. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back