Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Memory Limit - linked images - 62KB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triacona

Technical User
Jun 11, 2009
GB
Dear All,

Thanks for a great forum[bigsmile]

Please could help be provided for in the following problem.

I have a report which gets it's data from a query.

The reports function is to print a certificate.

The certificate consists of a streched linked image that is linked according to Rating number 0 - 5.

The following code links the image in the report on the On format option.
Code:
Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
Dim path As String

path = "G:\EH\FsaWeb\CertGiff\" & [Rating] & ".gif"
    Me.ImgRating.Picture = path

End Sub

I have reduced the images to 62KB(Max) each.

The problem happens after I run the report.

I try to go to the last or midway certificate and the error appears that it has run out of memory...
Run-time error '2114' said:
Reports - EH V3.0 doesn't support the format of the file 'G:\EH\Fsaweb\CertGiff\5.gif', or the file is to large. Try converting the file to BMP or GIF format.

I have tried the code on page and that uses slightly less memory, but the first certificate is incorrect.

I could then add On open to rectify this, but the on page still runs out of memory...

Is there a way to increase Access' memory usage, working on server using citrix, 4-8GB memory.

Is this even the problem??

I mean 62KB for an image is pretty small...

Are there better ways to use images?
I am using image control..not bound object.

Please help I am banging my head on this hard...[banghead]

Thank you,

Kind regards

Triacona

Your post has been a while and no takers so I figure I'll take a few guesses not having worked with images....

Does it work if you have the control with a picture in it and not changing the picture?

A possible work around may be to put all four controls on the report and on format set the visible properties of all four according to the value.... This is less than ideal but may work for your situation.

Dear Lameid,

Thanks for your post, I managed to get it working, but that was by reducing the image size to 38kb, but keeping most of the quality. (Photoshop).

It does not run out of memory if the image doesn't change according to rating.

It is an access memory size limiter...

Your idea is interesting, but the image would have to be one on the other...I have thought of an idea, have the background image, but just the add five image controls for the numbers....Still alot of matching up...well, it's working and if it ain't broke don't fix it...hehe.

Thanks again [smile]

Thank you,

Kind regards

Triacona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back