Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Macro broken by SP3 for Office XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickster

MIS
Feb 19, 2002
US
I have a macro (3 similar ones actually - all with the same problem) that worked fine until I installed SP3 for Office XP and now receives an error. There are about 5 of us in my office and we tested it on every machine and confirmed that it is SP3 that causes the problem. I have a form that is tied to a temp table. After entering data into the form, the user clicks on the "Save" button which launches the macro. Below is a run-down of the macro:

1. Runcommand - Save Record (Saves the temp record in the temp table)
2. OpenQuery - <runs an append query to append the record in the temp table to the end of the production table.
3. Runcommand - Delete Record (Deletes the temp record from the temp table)

The macro appears to complete becuase I can watch it go through all of the steps and all of the data appears to get into the production table and the temp table record is deleted. However, after the "Delete Record" runs, I get one of the error windows with a "Halt" button at the right:

Macro Name: <the name of my macro>
Condition: True
Action Name: RunCommand
Arguments: 223

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back