Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Local LAN, WINS & ftp problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

yhchooi

MIS
Nov 1, 2001
MY
I have few incidents while implementing the WatchGuard VPN which I hope someone could help me.

1. When the NIC is enabled, carrying a local LAN IP Address, I am not able to access to the local LAN via VPN. At this moment, I have to create 2 hardware profile, one with NIC enabled and the other with NIC disabled. This will be an extra step for the end user. Are we able to overcome this issue without having 2 hardware profile? The VPN client is assigned a separate group of IP Address eg Local Lan 130.2.x.x/16 and VPN 192.168.1.x/24.

2. We have 2 WINS server in our network. However, when I access our network via VPN, the name could not be resolved. The SMB is configured with port 137, 138 & 139

3. The ftp connection is successful via VPN, however I cannot run command like ls, get, mget, put. Only the connection is established but cannot do anything else. The port I assigned for the ftp is 21.
Best Regards
YH Chooi

1. If you are using SafeNet's VPN client, you will need to disable the policy when using the NIC. The other options is the open the properties dialog for your NIC and uncheck Detministic Network Enhancer. This will disable the client from working on that NIC regardless of the policy.

2. Again, if you are using SafeNet's VPN client, you must configure the WINS IP's manually for the interface you are connecting on (dial-up or NIC).

3. How is your FTP rule set up? Are you using the provided FTP filter? What messages do you see in your logs?

Ntr0P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back