Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access List Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SqH2O

ISP
Jun 9, 2002
PH
Hi All,

We just applied an access list to the vty lines of our 7206 to prevent unauthorized connections. It was working great for a couple of days until we got locked out of the system yesterday. Fortunately, the console was up and we can still configure the router from there.

Any ideas on how to resolve the issue? We've already reverted back to our original settings yet we still can't get through to the telnet ports. Is it possible to empty certain buffers so we can configure our router remotely?

Thanks a million.

SqH2O

In reading your post a couple of things came to mind. You probably have already made sure that you removed the access-list AND removed the line in vty 0-4 that applied the list.
Has the login password been removed, or were any services disabled?

Can you ping the router?

I hope this helps.

Thanks kentc57!

The 7206 is now humming.

It turns out that my colleague didn't exit from all five vty lines gracefully. The router refused to take any more connections because it only has 5 lines available. I just manually disconnected all sessions from the console. (Its weird that the simplest problems are the hardest to solve.) I also placed a timeout period on the line in case something like that ever happens again.

Now for my bigger problem... how to get all 100+ routers to run OSPF from a mixed RIP/EIGRP environment. :) Anybody try WANDL's IPAT yet?

SqH2O

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back