Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Limitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcell0042

Programmer
Mar 13, 2003
US
I have this query that adds up the total mileage of our trucks. The query runs fine when I only pull information for about 20 days. Now when I try to pull information for lets say a 3 month period it will not run and gives me an error message saying "data type mismatch". Basically, I was wondering if there are any number limitations that access have that is preventing me from pulling all the mileage over a long period of time.

"I have this query..."

What query?

[pipe]
Daniel Vlas
Systems Consultant

Basically, I was wondering if there are any number limitations that access have that is preventing me from pulling all the mileage over a long period of time.

Basically, no. The problem is probably a bad hunk of data somewhere out past 20 days. Access is trying to join stuff, and somewhere it is finding two guys that are not the same type of data. It's hard to say exactly where, but if you try to extend your query perhaps one day at a time, until you get the error, that might help to isolate the bad data.

Jim

Me? Ambivalent? Well, yes and no....
Another free Access forum:
More Access stuff at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back