Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Is Denied on downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

4vayaMan

Programmer
Dec 21, 2010
US
Lately I have noticed that when downgrading a 500v2 out of the box from R8 to R7, you cannot log into the box anymore. Manager/Manager, Administrator/password, Administrator/Administrator all do not work. When I try to reset the security settings, the security login does not work either. I just end up having to hold the reset button on the back for 35 seconds. It's rare that a downgrade from R8 to R7 would even happen, but I saw it for the 3rd time today and wondered if anybody else had noticed it. Maybe I'm just crazy ;)

I have had it too.
You need to reset the security settings.
I have seen happening that the security settings get corrupted.
I too have had this a couple of times and ofcourse we all do this to get the virtual essential edition license :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Haha yes yes. Thank you, at least now I know I'm not imagining things.

I just downgraded a system from R8 to R6.1 and now I can not log into the new system that was just downgraded. I just did the reset button for 35 seconds, but no luck. What else can be done, how do you reset the security settings?

If you have an SD-card reader, I would recommend re-formatting and re-creating the SD-card with the lower version instead of downgrading.

Dan

When in doubt, just keep upgrading! LOL :)

EmuDan is right because it means you save a lot of time if you use the SD card option. 10 Minutes vs 1.5 hrs of uploading files.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back