Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

access import objects audit

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinbell

Technical User
Jul 15, 2004
GB
Hi

I've regularly imported objects into Access from other Access databases. I've had the occassional time where access has crashed done the importing in blocks and its ok. I had a strange one the other day where I imported 30 or so tables - it ran ok - no errors - however it turned out that not all of the columns within a couple of the tables was brought across and some data was missing ?

is there anything you can do whereby for each object access confirms the number of rows its imported and the number of columns ? without printing off the documenter ?

regards
brian

The onlything I can think of is your database you are bring this info into. Have you compacted it? If it is too bloated, that may cause an issue. It seems I had that problem years ago.

Yes, there is a way...

You need to create a form letting you choose the name of your table, import it through the module as a recordset, which has a property called columncount, or so...

thanks
I will create the module to do the job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back