Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access have form limitations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesavage

Programmer
Jan 24, 2002
US
I'm sorry if this is a repeat question, however I searched through the forums and didn't really find the answer I'm looking for.

I have an access project connected to an SQL Server 7.0 Database. I have approximately 25 forms built so far. Not all of them are fully functional yet. Yesterday I was working on the functionality of a button, when I started receiving the following message:

The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced teh following error: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control.

*The expression may not result in the name of a marcro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure].
*There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro.
------------

I tried changing the name of the button, creating a new button with a simple print statement, and a few other things to attempt to make the message go away. Now no buttons for this form will work (even ones that worked previously). At the moment, it does seem to be limited to the one form only (I haven't tried all of the forms, just a sampling).

I thought the problem might be corruption related because I put this form in a new project, and it worked fine (as is). My only thought as to the reason why it got corrupted is that maybe Access can't handle so many forms? I'm not sure. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is? Thanks!

Miriam

Have you tried ro Compact/Repair the database? If that doesn't work, take the copy you made in the seperate dB and copy it back in. Access has limitations (I don't know the number of forms off the top of my head) but 25 forms sure isn't one of them. If it was I'd be in big trouble and nothing would work! Kyle [pc2]

Open the code module behind the form causing the problem and compile the code. Your problem should likely surface and tell you where its at.

Hope that helps,

Gary
gwinn7
A+, Network+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back