Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Hangs On Exporting Excel Spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

threadgills

Technical User
May 29, 2003
US
I'm running Access 2002 on Windows XP Pro. I created a form that pulls from a populated table and created a command button to export the contents to an excel spreadsheet which uses a macro. The form itself is based off of this query: SELECT Office_Entry.* FROM Office_Entry WHERE (((Office_Entry.Work_Date) Between [Enter Begin Date, "mm/dd/yyyy"] And [Enter End Date, "mm/dd/yyyy"]));

The Macro begins with Echo off and then Output To: Object Type is form, object name is the form name, output format is Microsoft Excel 97-2002 (*.xls), and autostart is set to No. The output file is blank so that the user can name the file whatever he wishes.

Now, when the contents of the form are exported to Excel, I get the OutPut To dialog box, name the file and click save. When that box closes, the Access database is totally white, except for the bar across the top that says Microsoft Access. I have to close out and reopen to get it back.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back