Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

access formula approach (RD workorders within 15 days of the closing of the last PM workorder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tav1035

MIS
May 10, 2001
US
I starting a data pull using access and I am looking for ideas before I get too involved.

I'm looking to know if there is a way to find RD workorder's (reportdate) within 15 days after a PM workorder's ( actfinish) date on an asset using access and Oracle.

Fields-
VIEW_WORKORDER.WONUM
VIEW_WORKORDER.DESCRIPTION
VIEW_WORKORDER.ASSETNUM
VIEW_WORKORDER.WORKTYPE
VIEW_WORKORDER.REPORTDATE
VIEW_WORKORDER.ACTFINISH

Data-
1001 | Check and Change Filters | AHU01 | PM | 1/1/2016 | 1/1/2016
1005 | Low Pressure | AHU01 | RD | 1/14/2016 | 1/14/2016
1008 | Clogged Filter | AHU01 | RD | 1/16/2016 | 1/16/2016

In the case above, I would want to see the PM workorder# 1001 and the RD workorder# 1005 only.

I was thinking an expression would work but don't know the syntax-
Expr1: [VIEW_WORKORDER]![WORKTYPE]='PM' And [VIEW_WORKORDER]![ACTFINISH]< [VIEW_WORKORDER]![WORKTYPE] ='RD' [VIEW_WORKORDER]![REPORTDATE] +15

or maybe a different approach by creating 2 make tables, one for each worktype. Then bringing them together somehow.

This is a formula that I used in crystal-

if
{workorder.assetnum} = previous({workorder.assetnum}) and
previous({workorder.worktype}) = "PM" and
({workorder.worktype}) = "RD" and
datediff("d",previous({WORKORDER.REPORTDATE}),{WORKORDER.REPORTDATE})<5
or

{workorder.assetnum} = next({workorder.assetnum}) and
next({workorder.worktype}) = "RD" and
({workorder.worktype}) = "PM" and
datediff("d",{WORKORDER.REPORTDATE},next({WORKORDER.REPORTDATE}))<5
then
"Keep"

Any ideas of what that may look like would be appreciated.
TAV

It seems like a little criteria would to it. If using an Access Query I would say a Where clause like below would work.

Otherwise you really should be asking in an Oracle forum for Oracle SQL (pl/SQL). I know T-SQL for sql server would look the same but without the double quotes. I just haven't done enough with Oracle to happen to know the answer.

Code:
Where Dateadd("d",15, ReportDate) <= Actfinish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back