Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access form with buttons a userend press and out pops out updated queries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2017
PR
My code does not work behind the button in my form. I wanted to create a button, importing an excel sheet in one step, for an end user. Then i wanted to create Append queries that also update from the modified excel table i imported. Can the combo pulldown list that holds all the Append queries, update automatically.

The form does not know about the combo pulldown list, and i'm not sure how to correct this.

I understand that each and every Append query should be bounded (linked) with the table the excel is imported to: That file in excel could have any name. My problem is: 1) the user end can be from any computer, so the directory should be open, 2) the excel file does not update my Append queries when i modify the sheet. 3) The code i built does not work. 4)I don't want problems when i try to export the modified sheet again to excel. 5) I wanted a find duplicate query to show me a list of duplicates when i import excel to Access.

Thanks,

Margarita

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=468c88cf-a395-4095-b5a0-79d691ad65e1&file=CODES_FOR_THE_CBO_PULLDOWN_LIST.docx
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back