Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access form - text fields changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

aTekTipsUser

Programmer
Nov 8, 2004
US
I am working in an Access 97 database. I have a form whose record source is a query linking 3 tables. When I make a change to one of the fields, the me.fieldName <> me.recordsetclone("fieldName"). Some how it is getting out of sync. Is there a way that I can get this to work? Thanks!

Would a simple redraw or refresh form command solve the problem?

Some things to check...

- Did this "quirk" always occur or is this recent?
- Have you formally defined your relationships? (From the menu, "Tools" -> "Relationships"; add your tables. Click and drag the primary key in one table to the foreign key on the related table and enforce referential integrity)
- Are you main form / child subforms linked properly? Open the form in design mode and ensure the Properties window is open (Menu, "View" -> "Properties") Select a text box on the main form and then select the subform. Look on the "Data" tab in the Properties window -- should see matching entries for the primary key LinkMaster field / foreign key LinkChildField.

...And yes, the Refresh solves many a woe.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back