Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access form has to many subforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

99Chuck99

Programmer
Dec 11, 2003
US
Hi All, I'm hopping that I can get some advice on how better to design to my form. I currently have a form that is called my spend plan. It currently has about 16 columns.
(Craft, work type (st,ot,pt) Craft Disc, Prv YR, Oct, Nov, Dec, through Sept, FY Total, Future Yr, Grand total). This form has been working for years. Each line is a unbound sub form. I have been asked to allow the user to be able to click on a month and allow them to view/Edit at the week level. I had this all working with additional sub forms for each month and worked great shifting fields to right and left as the Plus and minus buttons were clicked. But seems I've hit a limit on the number of sub forms that Access can render. I get error 2467 "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or does not exist." I can get this error to go away if I start removing some of the sub forms. I'm only binding these sub forms as needed. I have attached a couple of screen shots of my form. Any advice on how to perform this capability would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
PS I have attached a couple of screen shots to help convey what I'm trying to do.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=2e905a33-c903-4b60-9327-e18163a2bea0&file=SPENDPLANWEEK.JPG
Your design sounds strange, but you may have a more immediate issue. A form can have a limit on the amount of controls (around 700+). However, that is over the lifetime of the form. So if you add and delete a lot of controls that costs against you. You can try to compact, but unlikely to help. If is is in fact a limit issue, you need to copy the controls and paste into a new form, and then rebuild your form code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back