Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access form and navigation buttons - first record 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaguiler

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2001
US
Hi,

I created a form in MS Access. It is bound to a table that maintains data that I collect through form. The user enters dat in the form through a drop down list, and then hits a save button. The form goes to the next blank record to capture more information.
If the user goes back - using the nav. buttons the record it goes to is the first one just entered. It will no go to teh first record in the table....
That what I want - I want to be able to use this as an app where a user can enter new form info, and also be able to view entries from yesterday.... and the past but using the navigation buttons.
Currently the form opens and the navigation bar is on "1" - where it should reflect the last record in the table.
Am i missing something here?

thanks
john

Hi John,

I'm a little confused. The form opens up and the nav bar reads: "1" right?

I take it you want the last entered item to be first (record "1") and the first record to be the last.

If that's right, then check your "Order By" property on the form. That should do everything you're looking for.

Kyle

you probably have the form set to open with dataentry property set to yes or you are openning the form with the acFormAdd option selected. these options create a "subset" of the recordsource, by only showing items added while the form is open in that instance. remove whichever it is....you will then need to add:

DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec

to the event procedure of the onopen event to get the form to open to the "new" record....

=======================================
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. (Calvin from Calvin And Hobbs)

Robert L. Johnson III
MCSA, CNA, Net+, A+
w: rljohnso@stewart.com
h: wildmage@tampabay.rr.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back