Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACCESS Existing Query Won't Pull Newly Appended Data (Urgent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

binglelmh

Technical User
Dec 27, 2004
US
I created a database last year with 6 tables and a query builty on the tables. I also created a report using the query. The report is an employee "Benefit Statement".

The tables are very simple (Example: Employee Table has a unique ID and first and last name).

The additonal 5 tables contain benefit selections (benefit code, benefit description and an election status).

The whole thing worked perfectly last year.

I have all new data this year for each employee and I created an append query to bring the new data into the existing tables . Then I deleted the old data.

However, the existing query and report will not pick up the new data when i run them.

Help!

Could you show here your query?
Are there any hard-coded dates in it?

Have fun.

---- Andy

i am obviously over my head...sigh... I tried to paste a print-screen of my query layout to this post...didn't work.

I am an extreme novice...can you tell me how to it? Can't figure out how to attach it with a URL...

also, during the append query I got several error messages in a dialogue box...but I chose to append the data anyway.

I only tested with 2 records which I appended into the "Employee Table"- worked fine i thought. the 2 records showed up in the old table.

ould these errors be causing the problem? the records looked fine in the "Employee Table".

There were no hard coded dates...just a "Year" filed of datatype = number.

Can you view the SQL of the report's record source and paste it into a reply? There is very little we can do to assist when we can't see your data, table structures, primary keys, foreign keys, and SQL statements.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

I did it! this is the original query that worked last year. I can't figure out how to send the report layout, but working on it.

SELECT [EMPLOYEE TABLE].EMPID, [Table CHK LOC].[CHK LOC], [EMPLOYEE TABLE].LNAME, [EMPLOYEE TABLE].FNAME, [EMPLOYEE TABLE].MI, [BCBSHLTH TABLE].BENEFIT AS [BCBSHLTH TABLE_BENEFIT], [BCBSHLTH TABLE].[ELECTION STATUS] AS [BCBSHLTH TABLE_ELECTION STATUS], [BCBSHLTH TABLE].[COV AMT] AS [BCBSHLTH TABLE_COV AMT], [BCBSHLTH TABLE].[BIWEEKLY COST] AS [BCBSHLTH TABLE_BIWEEKLY COST], [LIFE TABLE].BENEFIT AS [LIFE TABLE_BENEFIT], [LIFE TABLE].[ELECTION STATUS] AS [LIFE TABLE_ELECTION STATUS], [LIFE TABLE].[COV AMT] AS [LIFE TABLE_COV AMT], [LIFE TABLE].[BIWEEKLY COST] AS [LIFE TABLE_BIWEEKLY COST], [LTD TABLE].BENEFIT AS [LTD TABLE_BENEFIT], [LTD TABLE].[ELECTION STATUS] AS [LTD TABLE_ELECTION STATUS], [LTD TABLE].[COV AMT] AS [LTD TABLE_COV AMT], [LTD TABLE].[BIWEEKLY COST] AS [LTD TABLE_BIWEEKLY COST], [FXDP TABLE].BENEFIT AS [FXDP TABLE_BENEFIT], [FXDP TABLE].[ELECTION STATUS] AS [FXDP TABLE_ELECTION STATUS], [FXDP TABLE].[COV AMT] AS [FXDP TABLE_COV AMT], [FXDP TABLE].[BIWEEKLY COST] AS [FXDP TABLE_BIWEEKLY COST], [FXMD TABLE].BENEFIT AS [FXMD TABLE_BENEFIT], [FXMD TABLE].[ELECTION STATUS] AS [FXMD TABLE_ELECTION STATUS], [FXMD TABLE].[COV AMT] AS [FXMD TABLE_COV AMT], [FXMD TABLE].[BIWEEKLY COST] AS [FXMD TABLE_BIWEEKLY COST], [RSA1 TABLE].BENEFIT AS [RSA1 TABLE_BENEFIT], [RSA1 TABLE].[ELECTION STATUS] AS [RSA1 TABLE_ELECTION STATUS], [RSA1 TABLE].[COV AMT], [RSA1 TABLE].[BIWEEKLY COST] AS [RSA1 TABLE_BIWEEKLY COST], [VALIC TABLE].BENEFIT AS [VALIC TABLE_BENEFIT], [VALIC TABLE].[ELECTION STATUS] AS [VALIC TABLE_ELECTION STATUS], [VALIC TABLE].[COV AMT] AS [VALIC TABLE_COV AMT], [VALIC TABLE].[BIWEEKLY COST] AS [VALIC TABLE_BIWEEKLY COST], [Table VLIFEMP].BENEFIT AS [Table VLIFEMP_BENEFIT], [Table VLIFEMP].[ELECTION STATUS] AS [Table VLIFEMP_ELECTION STATUS], [Table VLIFEMP].[COV AMT] AS [Table VLIFEMP_COV AMT], [Table VLIFEMP].BIWEEKLY, [Table VLIFSPS].BENEFIT, [Table VLIFSPS].[ELECTION STATUS], [Table VLIFSPS].[COV AMT], [Table VLIFSPS].[BIWEEKLY COST], [Table VLIFC].BENEFIT AS [Table VLIFC_BENEFIT], [Table VLIFC].[ELECTION STATUS] AS [Table VLIFC_ELECTION STATUS], [Table VLIFC].[COV AMT] AS [Table VLIFC_COV AMT], [Table VLIFC].[BIWEEKLY COST] AS [Table VLIFC_BIWEEKLY COST]
FROM (((((((((([EMPLOYEE TABLE] INNER JOIN [Table CHK LOC] ON [EMPLOYEE TABLE].EMPID = [Table CHK LOC].[EMP ID]) INNER JOIN [VALIC TABLE] ON [EMPLOYEE TABLE].EMPID = [VALIC TABLE].[EMP ID]) INNER JOIN [BCBSHLTH TABLE] ON [EMPLOYEE TABLE].EMPID = [BCBSHLTH TABLE].EMPID) INNER JOIN [FXDP TABLE] ON [EMPLOYEE TABLE].EMPID = [FXDP TABLE].EMPID) INNER JOIN [FXMD TABLE] ON [EMPLOYEE TABLE].EMPID = [FXMD TABLE].[EMP ID]) INNER JOIN [LIFE TABLE] ON [EMPLOYEE TABLE].EMPID = [LIFE TABLE].EMPID) INNER JOIN [LTD TABLE] ON [EMPLOYEE TABLE].EMPID = [LTD TABLE].EMPID) INNER JOIN [RSA1 TABLE] ON [EMPLOYEE TABLE].EMPID = [RSA1 TABLE].[EMP ID]) INNER JOIN [Table VLIFC] ON [EMPLOYEE TABLE].EMPID = [Table VLIFC].EMPID) INNER JOIN [Table VLIFEMP] ON [EMPLOYEE TABLE].EMPID = [Table VLIFEMP].EMPID) INNER JOIN [Table VLIFSPS] ON [EMPLOYEE TABLE].EMPID = [Table VLIFSPS].[EMP ID]
ORDER BY [Table CHK LOC].[CHK LOC], [EMPLOYEE TABLE].LNAME;

I would begin removing tables from a copy of the query until records displayed.
Are all of the EMPID values matched with similar values in the other tables?

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back