Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Exchange from Web Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCA

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2000
US
I have in same NT box, Exchange Server 5.5, IIS4 running. Currently, users can access webpages in this server from a browser and am trying to set it up so users can access their email folder as well. Please advice. Thanks.

Ok, when you installed exchange, there should have been an option for installing webaccess. If it didn't get installed, go back to you Exchange server disk, go to setup and install it (Make sure you re-apply your exchange service packs when you finish). Once installed, the WebOutlook login is off the default webpage, as in <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> From there, as long as the user is allowed to use the htt protocol in their user config, they will be able to log in.

I tried to reinstall exchsrvr with the Web Access option checked. I got:<br>
<br>
&quot;Setup has detected that you are not running a set of NT related fixes required for Outlook Web Access&quot;<br>
<br>
What do I need? FYI, I had, ntsp3 and Option Pack 4.

What Exchange SP are you running. You should be running SP2 or SP3.

I got it to work. Thanks Warcorp.<br>
Is there a way to allow only a subset of Exchange recipients to have web access?<br>

Yes, under the user config in exchange there is an &quot;allowable protocols&quot;. Just disable for ones you do not wish to have access. There is no way to group that unforunately...

There is! They access it via the http protocol which is accessible via groups. Add a group called WebAccess or similar and give them http access to the web server. Remove all other groups. Now the only ones who can access OWA are the WebAccess members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back