Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Exchange email from the web 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattpage

IS-IT--Management
Apr 20, 2004
GB
Hi all,

We have an internal exchange server 5.5 behind a router and firewall on a permanent ADSL connection with static IP.

Various members of staff fly around the world for meetings etc and I want to setup a webmail system so they can read and send emails from anywhere with an internet connection.

Ideally this will be some sort of web mail system which we will allow through the firewall and they will access with a web browser at
Can anyone suggest good programs or applications to use for this. I am very new to Exchange server, but do have lots of internet and nix experience.

We are looking for a secure system rather than full of features.

Thanks.

It comes with OWA (Outlook Web Access) I would start there not forgetting your SSL certificate (and now the SSL Bomb patch from MS).

There's tons of posts on it on this forum and on the MS website.

Iain

if one has a lack of funds, can the IIS/OWA server be installed on the same box as the Exchange 5.5 server, providing the hardware has enough power (P3 512 RAM)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back