Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcginty

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2001
IE
Hi All,

I have an AccessXP database (upgraded from 2000) with about 20 users, however I'm getting the following error message several times a week -
"The database 'Y:\database\db1.mdb' needs to be repaired or isn't a database file.
You or another user may have unexpectedly quit Microsoft Access while a Microsoft Access database was open.
Do you want Microsoft Access to attempt to repair the database?"

This locks the db. I've looked around for this and found some info on different versions of Access and obviously users quitting unexpectedly but I don't think these are the problems.
Any ideas would be appreciated

Ted

Ted:

Splitting the database and creating a front-end user database on each persons computer and a back-end data storage database on the server will help to solve the problem. the front-end will contain all the Queries/Forms/Reports/Modules and Macros and the back-end will contain all the Table information. The tables from the back-end are then linked onto the front-end DB.

Here are some links that should help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back