Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Developer Ext - Package wizard language issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMKelly

Programmer
Jan 23, 2002
US
I wanted to get the Developer Extensions for the Runtime version of 2003 and the ability to deploy it. The documentation on it is terrible. I get to the point where it asks to select an install language. It is a required field, the wizard won't move on without it. If I select English, it says it needs to cache the language files from the setup files of 2003. My 2003 was installed off the network from an area that I don't have access to. I don't have a CD version.

I had our tech support person come and log in once and I got to the point where it asked to cache the language files and he accessed them. After that I canceled out of the wizard since I wasn't ready to do the actual package. When I went back to do it this afternoon, it wants the language files again, so apprarently it won't keep them. Is there any way around this. Everything at Microsoft says use the install CD, but how many larger size institutions use them anymore for installs. I have the full version of Office 2003 on my system.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Kris

This is a case where it is probably easier to change the rules than to find a 'solution'...

My advice is to either get special permission to the install files or ask for burned copy of the office CD from your tech support guy. To make your case, point out you need it and are legally able to use what you intend. Additionally point out that you don't even need the cd key and therefore can't cause them any real trouble by illegally installing the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back