Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Denied!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SelbyGlenn

Technical User
Oct 7, 2002
GB
Hi there,

I am getting access denied pages whilst trying to connect to some servers. I'm running CIM7 with the latest agents on the remote server. The remote server is a member of the same domain. When I get prompted for the administrator password within CIM7 I am entering the remote servers local admin password. Is this correct? It keeps telling me the login attempt was rejected. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Glenn
BEng A+ MCSE CCA

The administrator password for the CIM7 console or for the Web Based interface on the server itself? In any case when you installed the Agents on the server you also setup an Admin account in that interface. I have no idea what the default admin password is if you leave it blank. I was under the impression that this had to be configured. Re-install your foundation agents and configure the agents admin password.

The web based interface on the server itself was the problem. If you only install the agents then there is nowhere to specify an account for accessing these agents.

I acutally ended up calling Compaq for an answer to this. Apparently the way CIM7 works is it uses the local administrator acount password for you to gain access to the interface. The only problem is I rename all local administrator account names. The default password used by CIM7 if it can't find an account called administrator is: administrator I typed this in and it worked.

Thanks for your help anyway.

cheers, Glenn
BEng A+ MCSE CCA

You can copy in the \\Servername\c$\Compaq\WBEM\cpqhmmd.acl from a system you can log on to into the same directory on servers you are having difficulties with.
Easy way to make all your passwords the same, other than modifying the HP Support Pack files prior to it's installiation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back