Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Denied while debugging

Status
Not open for further replies.

weisrc

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2002
US
I've been trying to debug my asp.net application and have been getting an error when trying to run the application with a break point:

Error Trying to Run Project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Access is denied.
--
I've made my user a member of the debugger user group on the webserver itself. The webserver itself is running as a domain controller. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!

Hi there,

Seems I've got a similar problem to your one as I'm a member of both the Administrators and Debuggers Users groups but still get the following error message when trying to debug an ASP.NET app in VB.NET:

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Access is denied. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling IIS and Visual Studio but still no joy. Nobody replied to your question - but did you ever find out what was the problem in the end? I've got a workaround but I'd still like to know what's causing it.

Thanks,
Bambii

Did you ever find out the problem? I am having the same issue.

Soul Pumpkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back