Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Denied when creating DCOM object on W2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

towser

Programmer
Feb 19, 2001
GB
I have created a server application in COM+ to run under a specific Domain userID on an W2K applicationserver. I've then installed a very basic VB component into the package that returns a string value.

I then export the package as a proxy client and install the MRSI package on a W2K webserver.

However when I then try to create the object I get the below error. I'm told by my server team that the specific domain userID has all the neccessary permissions on both servers !

Does anyone have any idea why Im getting this problem ?

Server object error 'ASP 0178 : 80070005'

Server.CreateObject Access Error

/dcom.asp, line 16

The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is denied to this object.

As a test I registered the dll using regsvr32 directly on the web server and I experienced no problems, so it must have something to do with the DCOM COM+ bits.

Cheers

Just to confirm I'm trying to create the object from an ASP page like this and this is the line I get the error on.

set objServer = Server.CreateObject("dcomServer.ctest")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back