Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Denied Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesavage

Programmer
Jan 24, 2002
US
OK, please forgive me as I do not know a whole lot about networking. This is not my area of expertise, and somehow I was sucked in to fill in for a guy on vacation.

I have four different PCs, all on the same network and setup the same way (i.e. logged in the same username/password and into the same domain). I was attempting to execute the following command:

dir \\boa\C$\stress

From PC A, I tried this command. I received an "Access Denied" error. I tried this same command from PC B. That worked. Then, from PC A, I tried the dir command to a different PC (ex: dir \\charlie\C$\stress). That worked fine.

I had been told that the trust might be broken, and that a net use might fix it. So I tried that, and that didn't work.

Oh, and the rcmd command does work fine. Ideas on what else to check/try? Thanks for any help! And thank for forgiving my ignorance!

Miriam

I would take a look at the permissions for the share your trying to access. You may need to add permissions for the other computer attempting to connect. And/or allow more then one share connection at once. If you dont have any idea what Im talking about go to the folder thats being shared righclick and select properties then sharing. Should see a screen says share this folder share name ect... all the settings are on here. If you need help just tell us what permissions are set and how many can access at once. Im sure somone can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back