Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

access denied on backing up a few emails but others are backing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

mquinn0908

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
US
We are using the legacy backup option for Exchange 2000 to backup approximately 100 mailboxes with thousands of email messages and 95% of those mailboxes/messages backup without a problem. I have a few (about 14) individual email messages that give me an error of V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied and these cause my backup job to be reported as failed. These 14 email messages belong to 6 different users mailboxes and other then these 14 messages all other emails on their mailboxes backup without a problem. What could be causing this problem and how do I correct it? I have contacted each of these users to ask them to delete these messages if possible so if they are corrupt then we won't be backing them up but if they need to keep them then I don't want my backup job to fail. Thank you.

Mandy
MCP/A+/Network+

Forgot to add that we are on Backup Exec version 12.0 SP 5

Mandy
MCP/A+/Network+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back