Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access denied error

Status
Not open for further replies.

edifreak

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2003
AU
Hi all, I received this error mesg on my logs today.

Access denied to file ?Administrator [administrator]?Top of Information Store?Inbox?
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Unable to open the item Administrator [administrator]?Top of Information Store?Inbox?

Any idea why? i'm sure i have provided the right login credentials. pls help!

Thanks in advance

Hi edifreak,

I'm having same problem. Moreover, I cannot delete
the problem mails from Inbox. It says
"Cannot find the specified path.
Make sure you specify the correct path."
Since then, backup job status is "Job Failed",
although these skipped files are the only error
and others looks ok to me.

I found someone's response related to logon account/
sufficient rights,

but I'm pretty sure that I provide
correct logon account just like edifreak said...

Does anyone know the answer to this ??

Thanks in advance,

What login credentials did you provide?

When Backup Exec does a backup job, the credentials used are the ones for the Backup Exec Job Agent service. Right click on My Computer icon, select Manage. Expand Services and find the Backup Exec services. What is the "Login As..." for the Job Agent? It needs to have access to the file you are trying to backup.

-SQLBill

All of my backupexec services have the Admin login so it should have no probs accessing the file. My error has stopped occuring. Ot occured only once. Dont know what happened its backuping up fine.

Any more info on this error, as I am also getting the same problem on 2 separate servers running SBS2003. The systems are also running Symantec Multi-Tier AV if that has any relevance?

I'm sure it is not a credential issue as it is only certain emails in peoples folders that get the error. Most of the time the emails in question are spurious emails from unknown sources or emails that cannot be opened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back