Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Denied Error when trying to add an announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klssri

MIS
Nov 5, 2001
US
I have posted this on a number of other sites and have not gotten any help yet. I have an announcements list on our main intranet page. I have given all users contribute rights to this so that they can post their own announcement. I have also set it so that the announcement needs to be approved before it is visible to everyone. Here is my problem. The users can see the link to add a new announcement and the add new announcement page opens for them. They can type in all of their information but when they click on OK they get an access denied error. There is a link to request access but that is not telling me anything as it only says they are requesting access to the main site, which they already have, or they wouldn't be seeing anything. I also have a calendar on this same page, set up the same way and everything works fine. Subsites also have announcement lists and those also work fine. Am I missing something on the main page? I have tried creating a whole new one, but get the same error. I did notice that the spell check was also not working for those users and got that working but they still cannot submit announcements. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back