Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

access denied error message when i try to open more that 3-4 webpages

Status
Not open for further replies.

priyankaj

IS-IT--Management
Jun 29, 2003
IN
Hi all,i keep getting the access denied error frequently wen i try to surf sites using internet explorer.As far as i know there is no limit whatsoever by my lansquad on no of webpages to be opened at one time and i get this error even with only 3-4 webpages opened.What other reason can there be for the error? how do i rectify it?
Priyanka

error message:::::::::::

While trying to retrieve the URL:
The following error was encountered:

Access Denied.
Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact LANsquad - IIMC if you feel this is incorrect. The number of connections from a machine has been restricted and hence this error. If you have less number of connections but stil this error, then the problem could be different. Thanks for your co-operation !

Hi,
This looks like you connect through a proxy server or firewall. Do you?
"The number of connections from a machine has been restricted and hence this error." The administrator has limited the number of internet connections you can have.....

Looking for the best answers:
faq222-2244
Keeping your system clear of malware:
faq608-4650
Dont forget to post back with the eventual resolution.

Are you a student at the Indian Institute of Management? You need to speak to the "Lansquad" there.
This is not a message from the Operating system or IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back