Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Denied - Authorisation Failed (7512) (#-20228)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuk927

Technical User
Jan 28, 2002
GB
Hi,

We are linking a front end MS Access client to a Progress data via a Driver from MERANT 3.60 32 bit SQL92 v9.1c. The actual behavior is challanging to say the leaset.

We can create an Access database, link the table we require and view and qury the data.

We then close the database and re-open it and it then produces an error Access Denied - Authorisation Failed (7512) (#-20228).

The even stranger thing is we can view the table design if we request it but if we then try to view it as a data sheet we get the denied error.

We have tried refreshing the links and right some VB to delete and relink the tables, none seems to work unless we create a new Access database.

I guess it has to be a permissions issue with in the Progress but we have limited knowledge as this is a legacy database

So we appreciate some advice or at least a some ideas how to proceed

Many thanks

Steve

I reckon you need to Grant rights to the data using the usual SQL GRANT command. To get at the data, you will need to use the SQL Explorer tool that comes with Progress 9.1C. You may have problems if the database has been given a user name and password and you don't know what they are. I do have some notes on a workaround but I can't remember them off the top of my head so if you can't get in, then let me know and I'll see what I can find - it is something to do with hitting the DB from the normal Progress $GL Admin screens as well as doing stuff with the SQL Explorer tool.

Many thanks I will get the DBA to have look at this for us and let you know how it went

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back