Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access DB timeouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duran

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2001
GB
hello there, I am hoping one of you access wizards out there might be able to give me a clue to my problem. we have an online CRM application, and what we are finding is that those who log in and log out using the proper log out button never have a problem, but those that close the browser window using the x in the top right eventually have a problem.

IIS times out the connection, but I am wondering if the connection to the database remains open and eventually stops people who do not log out properly from eventually logging on. If we reboot the machine at night, we get one problem free day, but after that it persistes, there is nothing in the event log.

Its Access 2000 database. Is there a way of checking to see how many sessions are open on the DB at any one time, or a way of getting connections to time out?

Any help is much appreciated.
Regards,
D.

I plug you in, dim the lights,
Electric Barbarella !

You can examine the ldb file to find who is using the database.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
D.

I plug you in, dim the lights,
Electric Barbarella !

Some more notes:

Code:
Const dbSecUserRosterGuid = "{947bb102-5d43-11d1-bdbf-00c04fb92675}"
   Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset
   Dim con As ADODB.Connection

Set con = CurrentProject.Connection
   Set rs = con.OpenSchema(adSchemaProviderSpecific, , dbSecUserRosterGuid)

Do While Not rs.EOF
        For Each fld In rs.Fields
            Debug.Print fld.Name & ": " & fld
        Next
        rs.MoveNext
    Loop

And:

You don't give any details of the architecture of your web application. What technologies are you using, DAPs, ASP, ASP.NET, etc?

How are you making a connection to the database? Do you have one global connection used by all sessions, does each session make it's own connection, or are connections opened and closed as needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back