Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Dates being Changed by Backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacy12

Technical User
Mar 4, 2002
US
Hello all! We are using Backup Express by Syncsort(great product) for backups however our file and folder access dates are getting changed during a full backup. This happens even with ARCServe as well! I have even tried ancient backup express and it changes them as well. The only one who doesn't is MS NT backup. Obviously this isn't an option. I have checked with a few others and they have same issue. Most places don't rely on these, but we used to. We noticed this issue about 6 months ago. However, now it is a big deal because we cannot accurately say when the actual last accessed date is anymore. Anyone else run into this? Anyone know a way around it? We have a call into Microsoft, but I don't think they will be much help they will just blame the software....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back