Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

access date functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmore

Technical User
Oct 21, 2002
US
I need help with creating a query that will take the current date and return the data from the previous week - I cannot use [start date] [end date] in my criteria because I need to create a crosstab query after I have the one week of data selected....any ideas on how I may be able to get this done?

If you are able to use the current date, then you can use the following SQL code:

WHERE (((Daily.Date) Between DateAdd("d",-6,Date()) And Date()));

This code will capture the previous 7 days from today's date.
You may also use "y" for year, "m" for month, "ww" for week. However, using the d function provides you with tighter control over how many days you pick up.

got another function to work - now the problem is getting the data arranged the way I want it arranged...

Weekly Report: Format(DateAdd("ww",DatePart("ww",[Date],1,3),#1/1/2002#),"mm/dd/yyyy")

this function will seperate the dates in my db weekly starting from 1-2002...

the problem I'm having now is I have 12 columns that need to be summed and then ordered by the date and then by another column:
eg field1, field2, field3, field4, field5..etc...
each one of these fields needs to have a total and sorted by the date and then by type....the type for instance would be stored in field6 (e.g.)....but I want all the totaled fields under fields6 - making field six some what of a header - tried doing a crosstab.... but having some problems keeping the data grouped right in the report - not sure if any of this will make any sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back