Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Database Password Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceJackson

Technical User
Apr 30, 2003
GB
I have an Access database on our server that can be opened direct from the folder it sits in and by hyperlink from another Access Database. This has worked quite happily for many months.

However, the database will now only open from the hyperlink in the other database. If I try to open it direct, it asks for a password and if I try to access it's objects to import to a new database, it also asks for a password.

I have never set a password on any of these databases. Can anyone shed any light on what is happening here?

Thanks in advance.

Did you set password for MS Access. I mean for the admin.
Check that out!

I have not set a password for any of these databases.

Problem solved.

I went into the "Password-Protected" ? database via the hyperlink in the other dbs and then exported each object into a newly created Access Application.

I will not use hyperlinks to get from one Access dbs to another in future.

Not sure why it had happened but I am sure that the hyperlink has caused the problem because it has also happened in another Access dbs accessed though a hyperlink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back