Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Database not available

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheiboy

Technical User
May 9, 2003
CA
Hey all, sometime between last night and this morning, of our database won't open, it still shows 11,620 kb's of information, but we're not able to get to the information. This is the second time it's happened to us, any idea how we can get to it? Suggestions anyone?

Thanks

What are the exact error messages you are getting when you try to open the db?

Can you link to it?

Have you tried importing all of the db objects into a "new" db?

Have you tried decomiling the db?

Was the db not properly shut shut down?

Ctrl-Alt-Del is a db killer. Hardware failure, power failure, lost network connection can all create problems with a db.

Have your tried the free Microsoft Jet Compact utility? Click on the link below for the version of Access you are using. For more details, search the Microsoft Knowledgebase for Jet Compact. I have had a lot of success using Jet Compact to repair a db when I thought it was corrupted and Access could not repair itself.

Access 97: Updated Version of Microsoft Jet 3.5 Available for Download

Access 2000: Jet Compact Utility Available in Download Center

Access 2002: Jet Compact Utility Available in Download Center

HTH

It doesn't even open the database, just Access. It just gives me a blank screen with the menu bars. Thanks for the links, I'll take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back