Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Database Form Lookup

Status
Not open for further replies.

whjwilson

Technical User
Jan 20, 2006
US
I am fairly new to Access and have a question about a process I would like to do.

I am working on a project tracker (form) that contains several tabs. The first tab contains all of the information of the project. The second tab contains the information of the person assigned to the project. Is it possible to use a drop down list on the Assigned To tab, to select a name from a list of names stored in a table along with their Phone Number and Email address and then use that information to populate the rest of the information on the tab?

This information would then be saved to my main table. Is this possible?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

How are ya whjwilson . . .

In relation to the form, need info on the tables involved (fieldnames,field DataType, primary/foreign keys, relationships.

My 1st instinct is to say yes. A single combobox will do. Just follow the combobox wizard.

See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see faq219-2884 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]
Also faq181-2886 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back