Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access data refresh error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kretzer

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
NL
hi,

I'm doing a report based on an Access97 DB.
I'm using the access file as datasource. After creating a rough preview of the report I had to import some new data into the database.
the report cointained 15 groups. After the new data was put in there are 16 groups. Unfortunately the new group is not showing in the report.

I'M just grouping on one field in a normal top down order - I did not make any special groups...

AS the new group was only showing in the database I tried to set up another new report. This time the new group was available and everything looked fine. So why does the new group only show when I do a new report and why is a normal refresh (F5) not enough?
Martin

Never heard of this before. You could try unchecking the 'save data with report' (save the report after) option on the file menu. This requires a refresh everytime you run the report, or you could try Database > Verify Database.

Don't see why it would make much difference, but it's worth a shot. Tell me how you get on. Reebo
Scotland (Going mad in the mist!)

Hello All,

We are having a similar issue here.. Crystal Reports 8 with Seagate Info 7.5, linked to Access 2000 tables. When we change data in the tables, and reopen the report, does not show new data. Save data with report is not on, and I have verified database, reset location, etc. I do not want to make a whole new report if possible because the report is quite complex. Does anyone know of this situation and have any other suggestions on what to do to get the new data to show?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
cord

Hi cord,

in the database menu there is a point called "check database everytime" or soomething like that (I do not have Crystal installed here so I can't look it up for you).
The thing is that if this point is checked. Crystal really checks the database everytime you repaint the report. This helps.

A second mistake of mine was that I sometimes simply forgot to close the database before starting the report.

So make sure the database is closed.

On Monday, when I'm at work I can tell you exactly which menu point I mean - but I thing you can figure it out.

Martin

Martin,

Thanks for your help! It actually turned out to be something else entirely, but from now on I will always have those things checked on/off, and database closed!!

Thanks,
cord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back