Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access crashes after 2 characters entered in any field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tfrank

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
US
I have a unique problem where Access97 crashes with the following error "MSACCESS caused an invalid page fault in module MSO97RT.dll at ..." after 2 characters are entered into any field in any form. This is on a users computer that has only the Access runtime engine installed. The database works great on my computer and many other computers, the problem is only unique to this one computer. MS support discusses a similiar type problem for VB, but it the users computer does not have VB on it. I have also tried setting up a computer with the exact same OS (Win98) and other MS office products installed. Thanks for any ideas.

Tfrank

Sounds like either a corrupt .dll (maybe fixed by uninstall/reinstall) or more likely a conflict resulting from the absence of some or any version of the Jet Database engine required by Access...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back